We are looking for a part-time Cost Estimator to join the team! The Cost Estimator will collect and analyze data to estimate time, money, materials, and labor required for a variety of residential remodeling tasks for both small and large projects.
You must have knowledge of a broad range of construction methods and techniques such as:
Read and interpret plans
Basic knowledge of electrical and plumbing
Painting and finishing
Green Building Practices
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Identify and quantify cost factors, such as production time, materials, and labor expenses
- Read blueprints and technical documents to prepare estimates
- Collaborate with engineers, architects, clients, and contractors on estimates
- Consult with industry experts to discuss estimates and resolve issues
- Use computer software to calculate estimates (e.g. UDA, Builder Trend)
- Evaluate a product’s cost-effectiveness or profitability
- Recommend ways to make a product more cost effective or profitable
- Work with sales teams to prepare estimates and bids for clients
- Develop project plans for the duration of the project
You will have the following qualities:
- Strong attention to detail for all phases of remodeling
- Responsible and organized, able to coordinate and supervise among various jobs
- Committed to excellent customer service, has good communication skills, and works well with others
- Motivated and Independent self-starter
- Computer and smart phone proficient
- Non-smoker, drug & alcohol-free on the job
- Has a valid WA driver's license and a good driving record
- Clean, well-kept appearance
In return we offer
- Competitive compensation
- Paid time off
- Health/dental/rx and life insurance benefits
- Simple IRA retirement plan
When responding to this posting please include the following:
- Past work experience.
- Why would you be an asset to our company?
- Tell us something interesting about yourself.
Ready to apply?
Send resume, introduction and any other required information to be considered.