Compensation: Competitive DOE
Employment Type: Part-time/Full-time
Are you an experienced carpenter in the construction field looking for a new opportunity with a more stable, close-knit and family-oriented company?
Are you looking for a part-time opportunity with a stable, close-knit and family oriented company? Do you want to apply your mix of experience and education to learn and grow into a full-time Operations Accountant?
Pathway Design & Construction is a family-owned, growing, progressive Seattle residential remodeling company based in SODO dedicated to healthy building design and construction. We are now looking for a skilled individual to join our long-standing team.
We are committed to best building practices for improved indoor air quality and energy efficiency to create a healthy living space and work environment for our clients and our employees. If you have a mindset compatible with ours, then we are looking for you!
Our ideal candidate is self-motivated, resourceful, organized and an expert multi-tasker. We are looking for someone excited about learning new software and streamlining processes.
- Two years of related experience, education or combination thereof
- Tech-savvy and excited about learning new software
- Experience with QuickBooks or other accounting software
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, Outlook
- Knowledge of construction accounting concepts including job costing and percentage of completion accounting
- Excellent customer service and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Excellent analytical skills for reviewing data, reports, invoices, sales figures, etc.
- Working closely with the owner, employees, clients and vendors, you will be responsible for A/P, A/R, bank & credit card reconciliations, month-end closing and financial reporting
- Timeliness and accuracy of job cost reporting and month end WIP preparation
- Journal entries, month end closing and financial reporting
- Creation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for the Accounting Department
- Cross-training and back-up to the Payroll & Compliance Administrator
- Maintaining confidential company information
In return we offer
- Competitive compensation
- Paid time off
- Health/dental/rx and life insurance benefits
- Simple IRA retirement plan
Ready to apply?
Send resume, introduction and any other required information to be considered.