You must have seen many buildings, but have you heard about Energy Efficient Buildings? If you have not heard, then this blog will prove to be a guide, explaining some of those Energy Efficient, sustainable, withstanding buildings even in inclement weather. Are you not happy with your monthly power bills? They are expensive? To get rid of these expenses, you can think about efficient building because these buildings provide energy-saving opportunities that reduce your energy costs. These buildings also reduce your equipment maintenance expenses and improve their working conditions.
Types of Energy Efficient Buildings
Low Energy Building: When we are talking about types of energy-efficient buildings, then the first name that clicks in our mind that is low energy buildings. If your building is consuming 50 to 70 percent less energy than the normal building, then it will be called low energy building. These buildings are dense, well-conceived, well-insulated, and air-sealed building containers are allowing the sunlight with modified windows and sunscreens.
Passive Heat Gain - Passive Building: These are buildings that consume hardly any of these energy (heating, cooling) appliances. It is a more compact and superior form of extremely airtight building. The windows installed in this building are at the sunniest side. Better balance is accompanied by ventilation that supplements the necessary heating elements.
0(Zero) Energy Buildings: These buildings are quite similar to the passive buildings, but the difference is that it also matches its own energy demands. The required energy is produced on-site via photovoltaic panels or related methods.
Nearly - Zero Energy Building: The term Nearly Zero Energy Building is used for energy-neutral building in European countries, which is still called 'zero-energy building (nZEB) in Belgium today. These buildings that produce renewable energy by hot water in bathrooms for heating and cooling typically take energy from solar panels and a solar boiler.
Active Energy Booster Building: This building is Zero-energy building that produces extra renewable power on site than it spends. Due to this the energy bill is negligible and the excess power produced.
Climate Controlled Buildings: If we talk about the storage building, steel buildings and other types of home, we really need to enable the temperature and climate-controlled building for increase the profit.
Benefits of Energy Efficient Buildings: Energy-efficient building is one of the best ways for building owners that are not only pocket-friendly but also prevents the beauty of your structure from deteriorating.
Here are some advantages of energy-efficient buildings:
- Higher Property value
- Long-term energy and cost savings
- Better thermal comfort
- Improved comfort and health
Improve the Energy Efficiency, Improve Your Property Value
Do you know? The energy efficiency of a building not only affects your power bill, but it also increases the value of your property. It also positively affects the performance of your workers if you run a business from your building. So, by considering this, I am giving you some precise suggestions that you can do to improve the energy efficiency of your house and commercial building.
- First Measure the Energy Consumption of Your Building: Many business owners do start their business with a new building or rent and lease. You can run your company from wherever, but first of all, think about boosting your energy efficiency and first measure the energy consumption of your building.
- Think About the Building Insulation: The interior of your building should be designed in such a way that the environment inside of the building is not affected by the outside environment. For that, you need to have the proper insulation in your building; this insulation will make your building as airtight as possible. By doing this, you will not have trouble working inside the building.
- Select the Right Ventilation Systems for Your Building: To maintain the fresh air quality in your building, make the building as airtight as possible. Use ventilation systems to prevent moisture inside the building. You can install a heat recovery ventilator system in your building. It's a system that uses the air going out of your building to heat incoming air.
- Use Energy Efficient Certified Equipment’s: Nowadays, people often look for excellent performance, energy-efficient systems, and equipment in the market. To increase your production, you should always buy Energy Star certified products, which will reduce your power bills and help you increase productivity.
- Apply LED Lights: Upgrade your standard lighting to LED lighting. These can provide you a decrease in your energy expenditure by more than 70% as compared to intense illumination.
Less Complex Building Design Options
The material you have stored in the storage building they can slowly release its heat (by thermal mass) due to which its temperature increases over atmospheric temperature. That’s why people can design climate-controlled storage buildings. Often you have noticed that the design of common buildings (non-energy efficient) looks a bit complicated. That's why we build energy-efficient buildings. These buildings are specially designed to remove those design complexities.
A component like wall, window and roofs is designed in the interior of the building to capture the sun's energy and redistribute them.
Conclusion: Being a business owner or a resident, it is now must to think over energy efficient methods. And to make your building energy efficient is the biggest step on this way. An energy efficient building excellently reduces the power bills and saves money of the individual. Not only this, but it also aids in enhancing the value of your property. And, hence going through this blog will certainly help you lot in planning an energy efficient building.
About the Author
Jensen Bennett is a voracious writer, passionate about the energy efficient buildings, development and designs. With her skills in designing and content marketing, she has helped many brands in architecture, real estate and home renovation industry.